Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Banana & Strawberry Smoothie: Recipe

Haha, look, Amy is trying to give information about cooking. Ahem, :/

To be honest, I am a total failure at cooking, but this is an amazing smoothie, and one of the most popular. Sadly, Australia is not often graced by the prescence of this amazing drink, and I think it should be talked about much more here, as much as it is overseas. I have already been to two HUGE places (literally), where Strawberry & Banana Smoothies are much appreciated, so this is a recipe that I cooked up with a mixture of many different recipes online and my own taste buds.

This is recipe is for approximately two cups, double it for 4, or triple it for more, or quadruple it, yeah you get the gist.

Ingredients:
1 banana, chopped
1 cup of strawberries, chopping them helps ;D
2 extra strawberries for decoration, cut vertically in the middle halfway into the strawberry (optional)
1/2 cup of plain yogurt (or vanilla flavoured because I couldn't find any plain in the store :S)
1/2 cup of milk
2 ice cubes, crushed helps (I actually put them in a plastic bag and smashed them with a wooden spoon repeatedly, good for anger management ;P)
1 spritz of honey (optional)
1 blender, or more if you're feeling spontaneous

Method:
1. Collect all necessary materials. (Science prac, puh-leze)
2. Open the blender.
3. Put all ingredients (except for the blender) into the blender.
4. BLEND!
5. Pour the mixture into two separate glasses.
6. Pop the extra strawberries onto the sides of the glasses (cup into the sliced bit of the strawberry)
7. Serve and enjoy.

I hope you are delighted by this heavenly drink. Thanks. (:

1 comment:

cassie min said...

Haha I shall try that recipe when I get time. :)