Monday, September 19, 2011

Thunderstorms - My Musings

I've always been quite scared of thunder and lightning, gosh, I even use to be scared of car washes. But I always just told myself that nothing is going to happen, I'll be fine, it's only nature.

And that's right, it only is nature. Why is it that us, as humans are selfish as to be annoyed or agitated about storms or raining or even bugs, when we're the ones that ruined this world. Maybe we should be a bit more considerate and exist in harmony with all these forms of nature.

Whilst I do still find storms scary and unnerving, I think they are ultimately uplifting, this phenomenon that occurs in nature, the thunder and lightning, it's incredible.

These storms also create balance, they aren't as calm as days of blue skies but are inevitable and necessary on this earth, when it comes to balance, or yin and yang, I don't think of storms as bad, but different and often misjudged.

Storms remind me of everyone's opinions of moths. Why must butterflies get all the glory? Just cuz they're colourful? Compare this analogy to humans? I know how it feels to be judged by appearances, that's why I nonetheless sympathise with a moth, but also feel a connection with them.

I'm sure the moth hasn't analysed this as deeply as I have but anyway.

Thankyou for reading, what are your opinions on storms?

Amy

No comments: